Summer is soon upon us, which means boating season! When looking to insure a boat that was just purchased, here are coverages to consider and details the carrier will likely ask:
Coverages to consider:
- Physical Damage Coverage – coverage for collision with another boat or submerged object.
- Liability Coverage – coverage for bodily injury or property damage of others.
- Personal Property – coverage including, but not limited to, fishing equipment, clothing and other boat-related equipment such as life vests.
- Medical Coverage – coverage for injuries sustained in an accident with your boat.
Details the carrier will want to know:
- Age of the boat
- Value of the boat, motor and trailer
- How the boat is used?
- Where the boat is primarily used?
- Type of motor and horsepower
Call Stapleton today at 419-720-6446 for all of your boat insurance needs. We’ll make sure to find the right policy and coverages so you can enjoy the summer on the water worry-free!